String Orchestra Music 2022-2023
String Orchestra Music 2022-2023
Welcome Orchestra Directors
Director Designs, A New Customizable Warm-up Collection
Choose the Perfect Level for Your Ensemble
Ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced, our string orchestra music is meticulously edited and follows a strict six-part grading system reflected in our signature color-coded series. Each score, and its accompanying parts, are beautifully set for ease of reading. They include unique features to facilitate your rehearsals, like oversized time signatures in the scores and measure numbers at every measure on each part.
- Playable by first year students with limited study
- Uses only the first six notes of the D Major Scale
- Moderate tempo and 4/4 time signatures
- All sections have an opportunity to play the melody
- Playable by first-year groups
- Keys of D and G; first position (Bass 3rd position); careful writing of low 2 for Violins and Violas while avoiding high 3
- Introducing 2/4 and 3/4 time signatures with whole, half, quarter and eighth note patterns with no syncopation
- Detache, pizzicato, staccato, legato and marcato bowings to expand your students' technique with the right hand
- Playable by 2nd year musicians
- Incorporates dotted quarter-notes and simple syncopated rhythms
- Expanded right hand technique of 2-note slurs, hooked bows and adjacent string crossings
- Open string double stops
Grade 2 to 2.5
- Playable by 2nd and 3rd year groups
- Introducing 6/8 time signatures
- New key signatures including C, A, F and Bb
- New positions for Violin, Cello and Bass
- More complex rhythms and fingered double stops
Grade 3 to 3.5
- Playable by advanced middle school and high school musicians
- Exploring higher positions for all strings
- Expanded literature for advancing programs
Grade 4 and up
- Playable by high school musicians
- First Violins explore 5th position while second Violins and Violas move through 3rd position
- Cellos expand to 4th position while the Bass section works through 5th position
Composers Who Inspire
This incredibly talented group of composers and arrangers represent a wide range of experience, musical style and identity. These composers, many of whom are music educators, are particularly sensitive to and passionate about the needs and educational aspirations of young musicians, furthering the mission of Excelcia Music Publishing.
Digital Catalog Resources
Click on ScoreVideos of each piece throughout this Digital Catalog to listen to and view the score.
Click on Composer Insights throughout this Digital Catalog to watch a short video of the composer sharing their perspective on their new piece!
As a composer-led publishing company, Excelcia Music Publishing gives you unprecedented access to your favorite composers
Excelcia Chamber Orchestra
All of our recordings for Orchestra are now available for streaming (or sale) on all of the major streaming services, like Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, Amazon Music, YouTube and many more. Search for “Excelcia Chamber Orchestra”. The professional recordings are also found on our website. It is yet another avenue that can be used as a tool with your students in the classroom and virtually.
About the Artist for Our 2022 Catalogs
JESSE CLARK ART
Jesse Clark is a Haitian-American fine art photographer and artist based in Sarasota, Florida. Clark is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts at Ringling College of Art and Design with a concentration in Photography and Imaging. Often described as vibrant and poetic, his work primarily explores consciousness and identity as it relates to cultural issues. Clark hopes to inspire other creatives to use their artistic voice and move the world forward through positive change. To learn more about Jesse, visit his website - jesseclarkart.com
Ready to Purchase from a Music Retailer?