String Orchestra Music 2021-2022
String Orchestra Music 2021-2022
Welcome Orchestra Directors
Purchase Our Music at These Excelcia Orchestra Select Dealers
Choose the Perfect Level for Your Ensemble
Ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced, our string orchestra music is meticulously edited and follows a strict six-part grading system reflected in our signature color-coded series. Each score, and its accompanying parts, are beautifully set for ease of reading. They include unique features to facilitate your rehearsals, like oversized time signatures in the scores and measure numbers at every measure on each part!
- Playable by first year students with limited study
- Uses only the first six notes of the D Major Scale
- Moderate tempo and 4/4 time signatures
- All sections have an opportunity to play the melody
- Playable by first-year groups
- Keys of D and G; first position (Bass 3rd position); careful writing of low 2 for Violins and Violas while avoiding high 3
- Introducing 2/4 and 3/4 time signatures with whole, half, quarter and eighth note patterns with no syncopation
- Detache, pizzicato, staccato, legato and marcato bowings to expand your students' technique with the right hand
- Playable by 2nd year musicians
- Incorporates dotted quarter-notes and simple syncopated rhythms
- Expanded right hand technique of 2-note slurs, hooked bows and adjacent string crossings
- Open string double stops
Grade 2 to 2.5
- Playable by 2nd and 3rd year groups
- Introducing 6/8 time signatures
- New key signatures including C, A, F and Bb
- New positions for Violin, Cello and Bass
- More complex rhythms and fingered double stops
Grade 3 to 3.5
- Playable by advanced middle school and high school musicians
- Exploring higher positions for all strings
- Expanded literature for advancing programs
Grade 4 and up
- Playable by high school musicians
- First Violins explore 5th position while second Violins and Violas move through 3rd position
- Cellos expand to 4th position while the Bass section works through 5th position
Flexible Concert Works that Excel!
- Perfect for flexible instrumentation or reduced ensemble size
- Scored in four parts with optional Piano
- Playable by any combination of four string instruments
- Written for grades 1-3
- Pieces edited by veterans who have been publishing flexible music for decades. Flexibility is not a new idea for us!
Because Extraordinary Times Require Extraordinary Flexibility...
Responsive to unprecedented times, Excelcia Music Publishing released Flexcel, an extraordinarily flexible String Orchestra series. Included in the purchase of each set in the Flexcel series is unique photocopying permission as well as access to digital copies for remote learning. When your complete orchestra is back together again, you can easily transition to the fully-scored version of the piece published by Excelcia Music Publishing.
Explore 2020 String Orchestra Works
Composers Who Inspire
This incredibly talented group of composers and arrangers represent a wide range of experience, musical style and identity. These composers, many of whom are music educators, are particularly sensitive to and passionate about the needs and educational aspirations of young musicians, furthering the mission of Excelcia Music Publishing.
The (Live!) Music Goes On: A Note About Our Professional Recordings
At Excelcia Music Publishing, we believe that an important component of what educators need to teach and inspire their students are examples of good musicianship, which we provide with professional level recordings of our pieces. These recordings assist educators in choosing appropriate literature for their ensembles and allowing them to demonstrate good ensemble sound, quality of tone, and musicianship for their students. Although the pandemic threw a frustrating curveball into the process of recording (and making) live ensemble music, we remained committed to creating high-quality professional recordings of our new 2021-2021 music. How did we do it? We created base “tracks” of each piece with samples and manipulated them as well as we could to bring out the character and musicality of the works. We then recorded each individual part, one musician at a time, with professional musicians. The individual recordings were then edited and mixed into the final product, allowing us to provide excellent examples of musicianship while adhering to all necessary restrictions to keep all involved safe and healthy. We hope you enjoy these inspiring pieces!
All of our recordings for band, choir and orchestra are now available for streaming (or sale) on all of the major streaming services, like Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, Amazon Music, YouTube and many more. It is yet another avenue where you and your students can listen to our inspiring music.
Buy now from an Excelcia Orchestra Select Dealer or at ExcelciaMusic.com